Saturday, August 21, 2010

'Awesomer' Is Now A Word

Life isn't always what it's cracked up to be. However cliche that might sound, maybe there is a reason that cliches become cliches. It isn't unusual for life to underwhelm you. But what is unusual is for you to not be underwhelmed by it.

While my mind set could be a lot more positive, I'm trying to be the 'glass-is-half-full' person and thank myself and my mentors for not being down in the dumps. Because life is as simple as you want it to be. Simple things make me sad, they make me happy, they make me want to poke you in the eye with a spoon; but I can generally put my finger on what that thing is.

No, I'm not permanently happy or positive. I'm not awesomer [I'm claiming poetic license here] than the rest of the world. All I'm saying is that when you're at a low point, when you feel like you can't go any lower than where you are, always remember that you can. That's what keeps me going, the ability to know that just a little more juice can give me and extra mile, that extra mile can give me the determination to run another mile, and that mile, in turn will help me believe in myself. It's like a video game in which you're down to your last life and you're about to give up, but you keep going because you know you'll get a power up or an extra life somewhere. Your score might not be that great at the end but you'll play again. As long as you play again, you're alright.

When it comes to personal relationships, my first instinct is to trust people. I guess that's part of my inexplicable need to want to see everyone as good. But it also leads me into sticky situations. These sticky situations are when I feel like running away to some beach in the middle of nowhere and drink orange juice all day. I love orange juice. But somehow, I can't escape them. Difficult decisions need to be made, and somehow I can't always see the good in people. When i gets to a point where I think of somebody and all I can remember is the bad, I know that neither that person or I are going each other any good. The situations get stickier when it's a one way street but I don't want to talk about all those permutations and combinations.

I guess what I'm saying is... a lot of brain gas. And of course, stay awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment